During pregnancy, your main thought will probably be how your little miracle will change your life. However, the prior nine months are important in their own right and come with their own set of challenges. Read on to find advice you can’t be pregnant without. It is a good idea to have an appointment with your doctor to talk about family planning as soon as you are thinking about having a baby. Doctors have lots of tips to offer regarding lifestyle adjustments that are conducive to pregnancy and can check for underlying conditions that may hinder your fertility.
There is a lot of information out there concerning pregnancy and birth. Books covering the subject can be both fun and informative. Reading can help you to understand possible complications and what to look for so you can discuss them with your doctor. The more prepared you are, the better. Do not mess with your cat’s litter box if you are pregnant. Cat feces have a parasite in them that can cause something called toxoplasmosis in a human. This is very dangerous for your baby and can cause miscarriage or stillbirth. Also keep away from under-cooked meats.
If this is the first time you are pregnant, you should sign up for a class on childbirth. Childbirth classes can give you all kinds of excellent tips and advice on what you can expect while pregnant. Classes that hospitals offer usually let you take tours through the maternity ward too so that you can learn what to expect. Eat and drink properly to eliminate stretch marks during pregnancy. Be sure to include plenty of essential fatty acids in your diet each day. Also, try to limit the bad fats that you put in your body. You can get them in fish and flax seed oils and they work to rejuvenate skin cells to keep you looking young.
When you’re pregnant, both you and the baby receive whatever is going into your body. Therefore, you should never drink too much alcohol, and never smoke or do drugs. You could damage or kill your baby if you ingest any of these things. Cravings can be given in to once in a while. There may be a reason you are craving a certain thing. With another little person depending on you for nourishment, you burn considerably more calories. Indulge your cravings, at least in moderation! Make some changes to your eating habits before you become pregnant. You have to make sure that you have your baby in mind as soon as you’re planning to conceive it. Eat a variety of fruit and vegetables to give your baby the nutrients they need.
Read online about giving birth to get an idea of what to expect. You can learn a lot from your doctors and nurses, but the best resources are the stories of others that have been there before. Reading all about what to expect can help you feel prepared for it. Read online about giving birth to get an idea of what to expect. You can learn a lot from your doctors and nurses, but the best resources are the stories of others that have been there before. Reading all about what to expect can help you feel prepared for it. As previously mentioned, the time during which you await your baby’s arrival may be a time when you have many questions and experience many changes. The advice you’ve just read will hopefully be an assistance to you during your pregnancy so that you can know what to expect.
Tips For First Time Pregnant Women
- Tour your birthing facility. It is especially important if this is your first child so that you know what it will look like.
- Adjust your diet to make sure your baby gets sufficient nutrients. If you eat a lot of fast food, you will need to make big changes.
- Developing a birth plan is helpful in defining your hopes, expectations and feelings with regard to giving birth. You can talk about different preferences you might have as you prepare to give birth.
- If you are experiencing cramping in your legs during the night, do some leg stretches before lying down. Women who have already experienced pregnancy are sure to have memories of night time leg cramps.
- Steer clear of Vitamin A if possible while you are pregnant. It is known for causing damage to a baby during early development.
- If your pregnancy spans the summer months, up the SPF value of the sunscreen you usually use. The sun has the ability to make your body produce too much melanin which causes “pregnancy mask”.
- Realistically, babies are rarely born on their actual due date. Therefore, do not put too much value in this date, but treat it as a range.
Pregnancy and Pregnancy Pillows
Pregnancy also brings lot of problem to women. Many women find it difficult to sleep due to increase weight. One of the most common problem during pregnancy that most women face is back pain. You can buy best pregnancy pillows UK, to give you some support and alleviate your back problem. Pregnancy pillow will also help in giving your sound and long sleep. So if you are pregnant and haven’t brought pregnancy pillows, then do buy a good pregnancy pillows of 2017.
In order to choose the best pillow for you, there are a variety of considerations and factors that you’ll want to keep in mind. As we mentioned, a pillow that works great for someone else may not work so great for you. Below we’ll talk about some tips that you can follow when choosing a memory foam pillow:
Determine how much money you’re willing to spend on your pillow. Although memory foam isn’t nearly as expensive as it was when it was originally introduced, it can still cost quite a bit more than regular pillows. I’ve noticed that you can purchase a good pillow for around $75, with average models hovering around $30.
Certain memory foam pillows are better suited for individuals who sleep in a certain position (for example, on their back). As a general rule of thumb, if you sleep on your stomach then you’ll want to purchase a soft pillow. If you sleep on your side then you’ll want to purchase a medium pillow. And if you sleep on your back then you should purchase a firm pillow.
Memory Foam Density
Be sure to choose a “Memory Foam Density” that best suits your sleeping position. Density ranges from 3 pounds to 6 pounds (3 being the softest and 6 being the hardest). Throughout the course of my research, I’ve concluded that the most sleepers experience their best sleep with memory foam densities of 4 or 5.
The size of your pillow is also very important. Before making a purchase, ask yourself what size pillow you’d be most comfortable sleeping with each night. Everyone has their preferences, and some people experience better sleep with smaller pillows while others experience better sleep with larger ones. If you are pregnant, or suffer from spinal issues, then there are pillow models specifically designed for you. Body memory foam pillows generally provide amazing support and structure for your spine, and are also great for individuals who sleep on their side.
Pregnancy Pillow Benefits
Many pregnant women find it hard to get a good night’s sleep with the continuous change in their bodies and their growing bump. Intense pain or numbness in the back, neck, hips, knees and legs is common during pregnancy. Pregnancy demands that women sleep well and long since a lack of sleep could play havoc with the newborn and the pregnant woman. You don’t have to go through all these problems, if you’re able to make a choice for best pregnancy pillow. Some of them even start suffering from back pain and leg cramps which makes it a challenge to find a comfortable position to sleep in.
- Research studies show that 50-80% women experience a kind of lumbar pain through the and even beyond . If you have any lower lumbar or pelvic pain, pregnancy pillow is the best source of relief.
- By using a pregnancy pillow, a pregnant woman can get rid of discomfort and pain usually felt in this period.
- It’s never easy to choose from so many options listed on the stores.
- The perfect solution for those women is using a pregnancy body pillow.
- If you or someone you know is pregnant, you’ll find a pregnancy pillow serves multiple purposes as well as helping you sleep.
- This can bring about good sleep.
- However, if you’re able to find out your precise requirements, then you can make an easy choice.
- Another benefit to using a pregnancy body pillow is that you will still be able to use it after you give birth to your baby.
I found I used my pregnancy pillow as a couch cushion, floor mat and even traveling pillow throughout my pregnancies to ensure no matter where I went I had ample support and could rest easy. Besides, these pillows can help the baby reach the best birth position, thereby facilitating a less painful and shorter labour for the mom. Majority of the pregnant women are suffering from the back pain, which causes irritation at night. It can be used while sleeping still, but can also be used as a support for your baby while you are nursing, or even as a barrier for your child during their early years while sleeping to stop your baby from rolling over. Pregnancy pillows are ideal for any woman that suffers from sleep problems during pregnancy, leg cramps, back pain or related conditions. Women can get all the relaxation and sleep they need because of the ergonomic design of this pillow. Pregnancy wedges are one of the cheapest pregnancy pillow solutions available.
These body pillows can help to relieve back pains for women who are not pregnant as well, and even men, too. A pregnancy pillow even serves as a comfortable companion to your partner if they suffer from sympathetic back discomfort or have trouble sleeping during your pregnancy! One of the many changes you will encounter during pregnancy is difficulty in sleeping. Many mothers like pregnancy wedges because they are still practical after giving birth. It is recommended for anyone needing to sleep with their feet elevated a bit than the rest of their body. Many pregnant women complain of back and hip pain while they are pregnant. As your tummy grows big, it becomes uneasy to fall sleep, resulting to less hours of your shut-eye moments. Getting comfortable watching television? Normally, the pillows for pregnant women are often made of friendly and safe materials such as memory foam, feather, polyester, cotton and have different shapes. A pregnancy pillow can serve to align the hips while mom sleeps, decreasing the pain that she feels.
Take note also that on the latter part of pregnancy, your sleep will be interrupted frequently. Yep. On the market, we can easily find out the full straight, U, J, C-shaped pillows or even the wedge ones and each type of shape will undertake its functions and purposes as well as they are designed to fit the essential requirements and problems that pregnant mothers often have. Hip and back pain is both very common during pregnancy due to weight gain and other naturally occurring changes that are taking place. It is during the last part of pregnancy where the bladder will be pushed by the growing uterus and that will make you go to the bathroom often, most especially during night time.
Propping your regular pillow up? Good amount of sleep is a must during pregnancy. Yep. Lack of sleep can have adverse effect on the soon to be born baby and the expecting mother too. You do not have to be pregnant to enjoy a pregnancy wedge pillow. Pregnancy pillows keep pain and discomfort at bay. Enter the body pillow. As a result, one can expect good sleep. Starting in the second trimester, I go to bed every night with an old, simple body pillow I’ve had for ages and ages. Also, pregnancy pillows can help the baby to come to an optimal birth position, thereby ensuring shorter and less painful labor time for the expecting mom. It’s basically just a regular pillow that’s as long as two put together, and I love it so much I’d give it a name if that wouldn’t make my husband jealous.
Pregnancy Pillows Buying Guide
The first step to take when you want to choose the best maternity pillow would be to decide on the type. A pillow typically comes after you’ve already picked a mattress, sheets, and comforter, but it should never be an afterthought. Seek a pillow that is easy to clean or comes with a cover that can easily be slipped off and thrown into the wash. These pillows are rectangular in shape providing support to whole body. Your body will have its own unique requirements based on any medical condition that you might be suffering from.
- The best pillows for side sleepers, stomach sleepers, and back sleepers vary greatly, so making an informed decision is crucial to getting the best sleep possible.
- During pregnancy, you may experience hot flashes and bouts of sweating while asleep.
- The major thing that differentiates them from other pillows is that they are divided in to two or more parts which are attached to each other through Velcro fasteners.
- As an example, you are going to need a pillow that can provide good back support if you are struggling with back pain.
- This pillow buying guide will help you home in on a head-bed that matches your needs by walking you through fill materials, as well as how to wash pillows and even how to target specific sleep problems with specialized options (such as maternity pillows).Foam can be made to measure, keeps its shape for years and is hypoallergenic, so it’s a great option if you suffer from allergies or asthma. “Memory foam” pillows, made from NASA-designed visco-elastic polyurethane, mould to your body shape and relieve pressure on sensitive areas, but may make it difficult to move about so they may not be the best choice for a restless sleeper.
- Once the baby arrives, there will likely be many other reasons to freshen up the pillow.
The user may attach parts as per her needs. The weight and size of the pillow are important factors to consider as well, especially if you move around or travel frequently. Time is not always on your side during this phase so give yourself the consideration of ease.Some of these pillows have a removable cover. For instance, if you are having in back only then you may just keep one part to give support for back but if whole body is causing pain then it is better to attach all the parts. Just like the types, you will find different sizes and shapes to choose from. This makes washing the maternity pillow more convenient. Pregnant women tend to get hot quickly. As mentioned earlier in this article, pregnancy pillows come in many shapes and sizes. In addition, pregnancy pillows come in different fillings.
Choose a pillow made from a material that does not trap heat against the body and wicks away moisture. There are many factors to consider before purchasing a maternity pillow. Styrofoam fillings are lightweight and easily adaptable to the body shape, but can be noisy as the body moves around it. Adequate circulation helps to keep the woman cool and comfortable. To find the best pregnancy pillow on the market, it is important to make a comparison of all the available options. Natural fillings, meanwhile, include kapok, wool, and spelt. Natural materials are usually the most breathable, but some synthetic pillow fillings are designed to improve air flow.
Pregnancy Care and Tips
If you’re thinking about getting pregnant — or if you already are — you probably know some of the basics about taking care of yourself and the baby. You should start taking care of yourself before you start trying to get pregnant. It takes about 55,000 extra calories to make a healthy baby. Now that you’re eating for two, you may be surprised to learn that you only need about 300 additional calories per day. Don’t smoke.
- This is called preconception health.
- That might seem like a lot, but it’s only 300 extra calories a day (the equivalent of a glass of low-fat milk, a slice of bread and an apple), and that’s only in the last two trimesters.
- Make sure you get plenty of protein.
- Don’t drink.
- It means knowing how health conditions and risk factors could affect you or your unborn baby if you become pregnant.
- Calorie needs don’t budge an inch in the first trimester when your baby grows no longer than a green bean.
You now need 70 grams a day compared to 45 grams before you got pregnant. Get your rest. For example, some foods, habits, and medicines can harm your baby — even before he or she is conceived. Your vitamin and mineral needs, however, have skyrocketed. And while your calcium requirement remains the same, it’s more important than ever that you meet it, which is a challenge for many women.In weeks four to five of early pregnancy, the embryo grows and develops within the lining of the womb. Here are more tips, from taking vitamins to what to do with the kitty litter, that can help ensure a safe and healthy pregnancy. Some health problems also can affect pregnancy. For example, folic acid, the B vitamin that helps prevent birth defects, is more important than ever. The outer cells reach out to form links with the mother’s blood supply.
To prevent dehydration during labour, on the hour have something to drink and on the half hour go to the bathroom. Talk to your doctor before pregnancy to learn what you can do to prepare your body. There are many other popular beliefs about the effects of a lunar eclipse during pregnancy, followed in India. The inner cells form into two, and then later, into three layers. During labour a gentle backrub will feel good and help you to relax making contractions more effective.
Women should prepare for pregnancy before becoming sexually active. However, there is no harm in following some of them as it will give a peace of mind to the family.It is advisable not to see the eclipse with your naked eyes as it may have a negative effect on eyesight, if not immediately then later in life. Each of these layers will grow to be different parts of the baby’s body. When in labour relax as much as possible during contractions. Ideally, women should give themselves at least 3 months to prepare before getting pregnant.
However with protection, pregnant women can view the beautiful scenery of a solar or a lunar eclipse during pregnancy. Labour with your body, not against it. If you are pregnant, you are not advised to exercise as you used to do before. The more you can relax, the more effective the contractions will be. You will have to consult your doctor and follow her advice during the entire period. Never change a cat’s litter box when pregnant. However, walking and some light yoga asanas are recommended and said to be even helpful in having normal delivery. It can contain toxoplasmosis that can cause birth defects.